The vision of the SUN Movement is a world without hunger and malnutrition.
Scaling Up Nutrition, or SUN, is a unique Movement founded on the principle that all people have a right to food and good nutrition. It unites people—from governments, civil society, the United Nations, donors, businesses and researchers—in a collective effort to improve nutrition.
Within the SUN Movement, national leaders are prioritising efforts to address malnutrition. Countries are putting the right policies in place, collaborating with partners to implement programmes with shared nutrition goals, and mobilising resources to effectively scale up nutrition, with a core focus on empowering women. With a shared understanding that many factors impact nutrition, each of us has a unique contribution to make. Together we are achieving what no one of us can do alone.
Everybody in the SUN Movement abides by standard Principles of Engagement. These Principles ensure that the Movement is flexible and able to effectively scale up nutrition, while maintaining a common purpose and mutual accountability.
- 55 Countries and the State of Maharashtra have committed to scaling up nutrition and working collectively, as a movement
- SUN Country and Networks are focused on the critical 1,000 day window of opportunity to improve nutrition
- SUN Countries work to achieve the six World Health Assembly Goals by 2025
- There are 2,000+ organisations committed to supporting national plans
- Everybody is working together as 1 global movement, across 55 country led movements to unleash the potential of millions of healthier, smarter and stronger children.
These key documents have been produced for everybody in the SUN Movement to download, adapt and use in support of national led efforts.
SUN In Practice Briefs
The SUN In Practice series of briefs present case studies and experiences directly from SUN Countries.
SUN Progress Reports
The SUN Movement Secretariat prepares an annual report to capture the progress in institutional changes across SUN Countries and Networks. Learn more>