Innovation in Nutrition Awards – SUN Civil Society Alliances “Walk the Talk” to make nutrition matter
On 31 January 2017, the post-Learning Route webinar, “Fostering Learning and Innovation in Nutrition”, took place with special guest SUN Movement coordinator Gerda Verburg . Ms Verburg awarded prizes to three innovation plans developed by SUN Civil Society Alliances (SUN CSAs) as part of the SUN Civil Society Learning Route in Rwanda last year.
The innovation plans are small projects developed to put in practice new learning and congratulations go to:
- 1st Partnership for Nutrition in Tanzania (“PANITA”) awarded for “Accountable Districts Nutrition Steering Committees for Scale Up Nutrition in Tanzania”
- 2nd Scaling-up Nutrition and Immunization Civil Society Platform Sierra Leone (SUNI-CSP SL) awarded for “Eat what you Grow”
- 3rd Ethiopian Civil Society Coalition for Scaling up Nutrition (ECSC-SUN) awarded for “Nutrition Visibility and Awareness through the Media”
A total of plans were developed to innovate, sustain and scale up opportunities for improving nutrition with a focus on accountability, policy review, implementation, multi-stakeholder and multi-sectorial coordination, behavioural change communication and social mobilization. There was also a strong focus on piloting activities at a sub-national level with a view to replication if initiatives are successful.
- Ethiopia: Presentation | Innovation plan | Interview: The latest from the Ethiopia CSA by Kenaw Gabreselassie
- Kenya: Presentation | Innovation plan | Interview: A chat with Nicholas Shiateya and George Odhiambo Ogolla
- Malawi:Presentation | Innovation plan | Interview with Bessie Ndovi
- Nigeria: Presentation | Innovation plan | Interview: Meet Okonkwo Sunday- CS SUN Nigeria
- Rwanda: Presentation | Innovation plan | Interview: Butera John Mugabe (SUN Alliance Chairperson)
- Sierra Leone: Presentation | Innovation plan | Interview: Sierra Leone SUNI CSP
- Uganda: Innovation plan
- Tanzania: Presentation | Innovation plan
- Zimbabwe: Presentation | Innovation plan
For more information, visit the Civil Society Network Learning Route website.