The SUN Movement Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF) was established in 2012 as a catalytic instrument to support efforts in SUN Countries. The SUN Movement MPTF has enabled partners to contribute finances that facilitate the development and implementation of actions for scaling up nutrition within the parameters of the SUN Movement’s Strategy.
The SUN Movement MPTF is not designed to be a vertical nutrition fund for large scale investments in food and nutrition security, nor to replace existing funding pathways at country level- it is a fund to be used for catalytic actions to enable, initiate or develop SUN Movement activity at country or regional level, and provide appropriate global-level support, when other funding is not available.
SUN Movement MPTF structure
Three primary areas for work form the three windows for funding:
- Support for initial SUN actions at country level to galvanize their commitments to the principles of the Movement;
- Support for mobilizing of Civil Society to contribute to the goals of the SUN Movement; and
- Support for global SUN strategic efforts.
SUN Movement MPTF Management Committee
The SUN Movement MPTF Management Committee has the responsibility to review proposals for funding and decide on the allocation of funds. The Coordinator of the SUN Movement serves as Chairman of the committee. The committee is composed of all UN Organisations participating in the SUN Movement MPTF, including WFP, UN REACH, WHO, and UNOPS and contributors. FAO, UNICEF and Civil Society Network Facilitators participate as observers and other organisations may be invited to join.
The SUN Movement MPTF is administered by the UNDP Multi-Partner Trust Fund Office. The Administrative Agent is the appointed administrative interface between the Participating UN Organisations and the donors. The office is an ex officio member of the committee.
The SUN Movement Secretariat supports the work of the committee, including the review of proposals submitted and the assessment and collation of lessons learned from initiatives supported. The SUN Movement Secretariat is also tasked to develop and implement an effective knowledge management system and to ensure consistency between decisions of the SUN Movement Lead Group and catalytic support function of the MPTF.
The SUN Movement MPTF Evaluation
In September 2015, the evaluation of the SUN Movement MPTF was launched with the purpose to assess the performance of the current MPTF as well as to assess the need for, and propose options for, any future fund. The SUN Movement MPTF Evaluation concluded in April 2016 with a final report presenting key findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Briefing Note English | Français | Español
- Inception Report English | Français | Español
- Interim Report English | Français | Español
- Final Report English // Final Report Annex English Management Response English
28 April 2016 Summary of proceedings and key decisions
18 February 2016 Summary of proceedings and key decisions
28 May 2015 Summary of proceedings and key decisions
13 January 2015: Summary of proceedings and key decisionsSee more (put the following in a pop-up window)
20 November 2014: Summary of proceedings and key decisions
7 July 2014: Summary of proceedings and key decisions, Update on Funding Transfers from Participating UN Organizations to Implementing Partners (August 2014)
14 March 2014: Summary of proceedings and key decisions
27 November 2013: Minutes of the meeting, Key decisions
17 May 2013: Minutes of the meeting, Key decisions
5 December 2012: Summary of proceedings, Key decisions
28 August 2012: SUN Movement MPTF Logframe 2012-2015, Decision on project allocations, Key decisions on allocations for funding, Minutes of the meeting
9 July 2012: Key decisions on MPTF TOR and ROP, Minutes of the meeting
Reports, administrative documents, meeting minutes and all decisions of the Management Committee of the SUN Movement MPTF are publicly disclosed at: http://mptf.undp.org/factsheet/fund/SUN00
- MPTF 2016 Annual Report English
- MPTF 2015 Annual Report English
- MPTF 2014 Annual Report English | Français | Español Annex Window II English
- MPTF 2013 Annual Report | English |Français |Español |
- MPTF 2012 Annual Report
- Terms of Reference; Management Committee TOR and Rules of Procedures (revised 17 May 2013)
- Supplementary Guidance note on Roles and Responsibilities (approved 28 May 2015) English
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Standard Administrative Arrangement