SUN Movement Nutrition Hub 2019
The 72nd World Health Assembly (WHA) will take place in Geneva, Switzerland, 20-28 May 2019. This decision-making body of the World Health Organization (WHO) determines the policies of WHO and approves the programme budget, and brings together Ministers of Health and country delegations from across the world as well as global health stakeholders.
This year the SUN Movement Secretariat will host two events on the margins of the World Health Assembly:
- Fighting all forms of malnutrition through Universal Health Coverage. This is a high-level Ministerial breakfast by invitation only.
- Building momentum for nutrition at the World Health Assembly and beyond. This is a public event and further details are available below.
The SUN Nutrition Hub will provide a space for SUN Country representatives and diverse nutrition stakeholders to come together for mutual exchange and learning.
RSVP and enquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in attending nutrition relevant sessions at WHA72?
The SUN Movement Secretariat has compiled this list of WHA72 – nutrition related events for download here or view online here.
The SUN Movement Secretariat will host the following public event:
The objective of this event is to:
- Bring together WHO Member states, SUN Government Focal Points and key nutrition stakeholders for informal exchange and discussion of key nutrition issues and opportunities.
- Jointly identify opportunities to ensure nutrition is visible at the WHA and beyond, including through key resolutions at WHA, and important stepping stones leading up to Nutrition for Growth in 2020 in Japan.
- Promote the SUN Movement approach and the SUN Global Gathering.
- Provide a space for networking and informal discussions for nutrition champions at WHA.
The SUN Nutrition Hub will take place at the Villa le Bocage, Palais des Nations, Geneva.
Join the WHA72 Nutrition conversation online:
#NutritionDecade #WHA72 #UHC