CFS Regional Consultations on Food Systems and Nutrition
The Committee on World Food Security (CFS) at its 45th Session in 2018 endorsed a policy process which is expected to result in Voluntary Guidelines on Food Systems and Nutrition. The preparation of the Voluntary Guidelines is informed by the scientific evidence provided by the High-Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition (HLPE) Report on Nutrition and Food Systems.
To ensure a wide and inclusive process, the CFS Secretariat is planning a series of regional consultations to be held between July and October 2019.
The objective of the regional consultations is to receive feedback and inputs on the Zero Draft of the Voluntary Guidelines from a broad range of stakeholders in order to improve the existing draft and foster awareness and broad ownership among key parties and all CFS stakeholders.
- CFS Regional Consultation for Africa – Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), 16-17 July 2019
- CFS Regional Consultation for Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok (Thailand), 25-26 July 2019
- CFS Regional Consultation for Europe, Budapest (Hungary), 17-18 September 2019
- CFS Regional Consultation for Near East, Cairo (Egypt), 25-26 September 2019
- CFS Regional Consultation for Latin America and the Caribbean, Panama City (Panama), 28-29 October 2019
- CFS Regional Consultation for North America, venue and date to be confirmed