In the SUN: Sierra Leone
On 16 January 2012, the Republic of Sierra Leone joined the SUN Movement with a letter of commitment from HE Zainab Hawa Bangura, the Minister of Health and Sanitation. At the time, Sierra Leone had developed a number of policies and designed programmes and strategies including the Free Health Care Initiative and he Sustainable Agricultural Development Programme. Sierra Leone was also receiving support from the UN REACH Partnership.
SUN Coordinator visit to Sierra Leone – February 2020
In the media:
Sierra Leone’s 2019–2020 Nutrition priorities
• Advocate for impact with data from SUN/REACH Mapping tool;
• Partner with Parliamentarians to ensure child and maternal malnutrition are high on the new Government’s agenda;
• Introduce and enact new policies e.g. Code on theMarketing of Breastmilk Substitutes;
• Establish regulations to promote proper food labelling;
• Establishing “SUN” school clubs;
• Prioritize fundraising and the popularization exercise to ensure successful implementation of the Multi-Sector Strategic Plan to Reduce malnutrition in Sierra Leone that will cover the period 2019-2025.