The High-Level Political Forum is set to assess 44 voluntary national reviews
From 10-19 July 2017, the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) will be held under the auspices of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in New York, including a three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from 17 -19 July 2017.
This will be the second HLPF since the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The HLPF is the central platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda to provide for the full and effective participation of all States Members of the United Nations and States members of specialized agencies.
The 2017 theme is, “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world“. The set of goals to be reviewed in depth will be the following, including Goal 17:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
A total of 44 countries have volunteered to present their national voluntary reviews to the HLPF. The reviews are state-led, involving ministerial and other relevant high-level participants, and provide a platform for partnerships.
Official programme and side events: Online programme
Visit Farming First to take the SDG2 Quiz and learn about how the agricultural sector making a difference.