The Initiative on Climate Action and Nutrition: driving action to address the critical nexus of climate change and nutrition
The Initiative on Climate Action and Nutrition: driving action to address the critical nexus of climate change and nutritionMay 9, 2023 - Last update: May 22, 2023
A high-level event is being held on 25 May in the sidelines of the 76th World Health Assembly on the Initiative on Climate Action and Nutrition, which officially launched at the 2022 Global Climate Conference (COP27).
The initiative seeks to advance actions related to the climate-nutrition nexus, and to unlock finance for these.
Speakers will include:
- Hossam Abdel Ghaffar, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Health and Population, Egypt
- Afshan Khan, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and SUN Movement Coordinator
- Li Ailan, WHO Assistant Director-General for Universal Health Coverage, Healthier Populations
- Nancy Aburto, Deputy Director of the Division of Food and Nutrition, FAO
- Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, GAIN
- Francesco Branca, Director, Department of Nutrition and Food Safety, WHO
- Omnia El Omrani, COP27 Youth Envoy
Register here for your virtual participation.