ENN Online Nutrition Exchange Issue 11 – January 2019
Launched in January 2019, ENN’s Nutrition Exchange Issue 11 features articles on stunting prevention in Indonesia; parliamentarian networks for nutrition in West Africa; SUN Networks in fragile and conflicte-affedted sates; interview with Mali’s SUN focal point; and the development of a common results framework for nutrition…
Launched in January 2019, ENN’s Nutrition Exchange Issue 11 features articles on stunting prevention in Indonesia; parliamentarian networks for nutrition in West Africa; SUN Networks in fragile and conflicte-affedted sates; interview with Mali’s SUN focal point; and the development of a common results framework for nutrition in Somalia, among other topics.
“Although we had not planned NEX11 to be themed, a common (and recurrent) thread emerges from the country articles: how to achieve effective coordination for nutrition in different contexts, with different stakeholders and through various mechanisms. Clearly, this is an overarching concern of the countries featured, many of whom are part of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement. It is some years since it was first claimed that malnutrition is “everyone’s business and nobody’s responsibility”. We can see from the articles in this issue that a more coordinated response to tackling the problem at all levels – from global to community – is emerging”
- Stunting prevention in Indonesia: Raising awareness at the sub-national level
- Working together for nutrition: Changes in Kenya’s health and agriculture ministries
- Building parliamentarian networks for nutrition in West Africa
- Setting up SUN Networks in Fragile and Conflict Affected States
- Scaling up and improving nutrition in Kyrgyzstan’s school meals programme
- Developing a Common Results Framework for nutrition in Somalia
- Strengthening sub-national capacity in Yemen to provide life-saving treatment
- Coordinating nutrition in Mali: Interview with the SUN focal point
- Nutrition coordination mechanisms: the whats, whys and wherefores
- UN Decade of Action on Nutrition: Brazil, Ecuador and Italy make commitments
What is Nutrition Exchange?
Nutrition Exchange is an ENN publication that contains short, easy-to-read articles on nutrition programme experiences and learning from countries with a high burden of malnutrition and those that are prone to crisis. Articles written by national actors are prioritised for publication. It also provides information on guidance, tools and upcoming trainings. NEX is available in English, French, Arabic, and Spanish.