SUN Member Regional Dialogue Series: The Global Food and Nutrition Crisis - Latin America and the Caribbean
The 65 SUN Countries, 4 Indian States, +4,000 civil society organizations, +1,400 businesses, 16 UN agencies, and donor network of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement are now working together to mobilize as one movement in response to the global food and nutrition crisis.
As part of this multisectoral and multistakeholder country-led response, the SUN Movement organized on 5-6 July 2022 a series of four regional member dialogues with member country SUN Political and Technical Focal Points and their teams to:
- Highlight the current and anticipated effects of the crisis on food and nutrition actions at the country-level.
- Understand how SUN Movement members and stakeholders are ensuring that food and nutrition are being integrated into response and preparedness planning and coordination mechanisms at the country-level.
- Identify the challenges encountered by countries in addressing the food and nutrition crisis at the national and sub-national level.
- Share country short- and long-term solutions, including investing in the national food systems pathway, which have been applied to address the challenges identified.
- Outline potential gaps needing global support and action.
The regions included: Anglophone Africa, Francophone Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. This brief presents the outputs of the Latin America and the Caribbean regional dialogue. Six countries participated in the regional dialogue: Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Peru.