The flexibility of the SUN Movement enables it to mobilize around key thematic areas based on the needs of SUN Countries. These thematic areas include, among other areas:
- Gender and nutrition -- designed to bring nutrition to more women, and more women to nutrition action
- Nutrition in a humanitarian context -- partnering with leading humanitarian actors to ensure the world's most vulnerable people have good nutrition.
- Global food and nutrition crisis -- supporting SUN Countries to have the knowledge and capacity to respond in a country-driven and country-led manner.
- WASH and nutrition -- linking nutrition to the delivery of water, sanitation and hygiene services to increase impact and reach.
- Sustainable and resilient food systems -- facilitating SUN Countries and other SUN Members to participate fully in the process of advancing food systems that are sustainable, resilient and country-relevant.