Unlocking Climate Finance for Resilient Food Systems and Nutrition
Unlocking Climate Finance for Resilient Food Systems and NutritionNovember 1, 2022 - Last update: March 8, 2023
A high-level exchange, moderated by UN Assistant Secretary-General and Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement Coordinator Gerda Verburg, between countries whose food systems have been severely affected by climate change and countries that have, through various levers, successfully unlocked finance for climate-resilient food systems.
The SUN Movement is hosting a COP27 Food Systems Pavilion side event with the objective of presenting the experiences of SUN Countries whose food systems have been severely affected by climate change and countries that have, through levers such as the development of national roadmaps for food systems, successfully unlocked finance for climate-resilient food systems. The objective is to share examples that may be scaled up, of potential solutions to unlock climate finance opportunities for food systems, and to support a country-led multisectoral, multistakeholder response at the country level.
- COP27 Food Systems Pavillion, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
- 8 November 2022, 10:00- 10:45 local time
- Moderator/SUN Movement: Gerda Verburg, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and SUN Movement Coordinator
- Kingdom of Cambodia: H.E. Dr. Sok Silo, Secretary General, Council for Agricultural and Rural Development, SUN Focal Point and Convener of the National Dialogue for the Summit on the Food System
- Republic of Djibouti: Mr Dini Abdallah Omar, Secretary General, Ministry of Urbanism, Environment and Tourism.
- Republic of Zimbabwe: Mr Washington Zhakata Director, Climate Change Management Department Ministry of Environment, Climate, Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan (joining virtually): Dr. Nazeer Ahmed, Chief Nutrition, SUN Focal Point, Ministry of Planning, Development & Special Initiatives / Planning Commission