Call For Applications – SUN Movement Executive Committee Finance Task Team for Specialized Independent Experts
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 1 MARCH 2022 The newly installed SUN Movement Executive Committee (ExCom) has called for the creation of a permanent Finance Task Team. Its work will be focusing on nutrition financing, primarily at country level and support resource mobilization, innovative thinking, advocacy, and…
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 1 MARCH 2022
The newly installed SUN Movement Executive Committee (ExCom) has called for the creation of a permanent Finance Task Team. Its work will be focusing on nutrition financing, primarily at country level and support resource mobilization, innovative thinking, advocacy, and capacity building. The Finance Task Team will also provide guidance and support to the SUN Movement Global Support System overall.
The Finance Task Team shall have between 8 and 12 members, including 3 members from the SUN ExCom: the finance expert, who will chair the task team, and two country representatives. There will be one member of each network and up to 6 additional independent finance experts. The roles are voluntary and without reimbursement. It is expected the Task Team will meet at least four time as year, prior to the four Executive Committee meetings, with additional meetings in between as needed. Task Team members should be prepared to lead specific tasks in their areas of expertise.
Call for nominations for independent experts with the following profiles
- domestic finance e.g. costing, budgeting, domestic resource mobilization, budget negotiations with ministries of finance and/or parliamentarians; budget execution and resource tracking/expenditure reviews, preferably across multiple sectors;
- innovative finance e.g. bonds, debt swaps, blending and matching, guarantees, results based financing etc.
- concessional and development finance e.g experience working with international finance institutions and bilaterals, regional development bank or development finance institutions,
- economic regional group finance e.g. experience working with AU or ASEAN in a finance role;
- private sector (business) e.g. experience making or supporting business investments in nutrition relevant areas, or developing incentives (including public sector incentives) to attract or help direct business investment in the right areas;
- Gender smart/transformative finance e.g. experience in the mobilization and use of funding (public or private) to provide women with greater leadership, employment or decision making opportunities and access to finance or to provide support for the development of products and services that enhance women leadership, economic participation and decision making abilities.
The detailed call for nominations is available here.
The terms of Reference of the Finance Task Team is available here.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February 2022. Applications should include the applicants CV, as well as a cover letter highlighting their motivation and primary areas of finance expertise.
Interested in the SUN Movement Executive Committee and the Governance of SUN? There are currently three open positions on the SUN Movement Executive Committee.