Shaping the future of the food systems for the youth, with the youth
3 June 2021
16:00 – 17:30 CEST
This Side Event is an opportunity for young people and CFS stakeholders to interactively exchange on an equal basis on some of the biggest challenges related to food systems and nutrition. The focus will be on two key questions:
1) How can young people support the work and outcomes of the CFS?
2) How can the CFS better incorporate the voices of young people in their work?
By starting with stories and examples from young people we aim to approach a political discussion from practice, bringing us back to what the CFS is about; improving the daily lives of people.
Spread the word!
Moderated by Sophie Healy-Thow, SUN Lead group member and Co-chair of the UN FSS Youth Liaison Group (Ireland).
- Kervelle Baird – Research Officer, WHYFARM (We Help You[th] Farm), (Trinidad and Tobago).
- Mike Khunga – Vice-chair of Action Track 5 of the UN FSS and SUN Youth Leader for Nutrition (Malawi).
- Jim Leandro Cano – Chair, Youth Alliance for Zero Hunger, Member, 16th HLPE of the CFS, Director for Agritech, 8Layer Technologies Inc. (Philippines).
- Pierre Momcilovic – Fill the Nutrient Gap team, WFP.
- Dolço Muchanga – Young Entrepreneur at Limpho Productos Alimentares (Mozambique).
- Maureen Muketha – Young Social Entrepreneur and founder of Tule Vyema (Kenya).