Countdown to World Breastfeeding Week 2017
From 1-7 August 2017, the annual World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) will be celebrated across the globe. Coordinated by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA), WBW thrusts the need to protect, promote and support breastfeeding, into the spotlight.
The World Breastfeeding Week’s 25th year in 2017 is about working together for the common good!
#WBW2017 will call on advocates and activists, decision-makers and celebrants to forge new and purposeful partnerships. Together, let’s attract political support, media attention, participation of young people and widen our pool of celebrants and supporters.
What can you do to protect, promote and support breastfeeding?
- Like and follow the WABA World Breastfeeding page on Facebook
- Download and share the communications materials
- Join an existing or set up your own event!
- Use #WBW2017 to join the discussion on Twitter
- Read the latest blog from Helen Keller International’s (HKI) Assessment & Research on Child Feeding (ARCH) project, which reflects on the WHO Guidance
A series of three webinars organised by the SUN Civil Society Network and Helen Keller International’s (HKI) Assessment and Research on Child Feeding (ARCH) project will bring you up to speed on current global regulatory and policy issues related to infant and young child feeding.
WEBINAR 1: THE CODE 1st August 9am GMT/ 3rd August 3pm GMT
WEBINAR 2: FOLLOW-UP FORMULA 8th August 9am GMT/ 10th August 3pm GMT
WEBINAR 3: COMPLEMENTARY FOODS 15th August 9am GMT/17th August 3pm GMT
Learn more at the SUN Civil Society Network Blog.
For further information please contact the SUN CSN at email@example.com