Number of countries:
The Asia Hub, based in Bangkok, Thailand, is currently composed of 11 SUN member countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Viet Nam, Timor-Leste) and four Indian states (Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh)
Each country in the Asia Hub has a SUN Government Focal Point (also referred as SUN Country Coordinator in some cases as per SUN 3.0), whose role is to unite the nutrition community and elevate nutrition up the national agenda.
At the SUN Movement Secretariat level, the work of the Regional Hub is coordinated by the Regional Representative, Dr. Eadara Srikanth, who is based in Bangkok.
The work of the hub is also supported by the SUN Networks including: UN Nutrition, the SUN Civil Society Network, the SUN Business Network and the SUN Donor Network. Some countries also work through national SUN Academia and Research Networks.
- Governance: Advocate for a formalized and strengthened governance system (one lead body for nutrition at the highest level of the government) at both national and sub-national levels to ensure multi-stakeholder and multi-sectoral approach for planning and implementing nutrition actions.
- Policies and Planning: Support to streamline and consolidate several plans focusing on nutrition with the aim to synergize all actions towards common targets of ‘SUN 3.0 and beyond until 2030’.
- Capacity Strengthening: Strengthen capacity of nutrition actors, focusing both on the individual capacities and the institutional capacities to ensure sustainability, through a structured approach
- MEAL: Support to strengthen systems for multi-sectoral nutrition data monitoring and analysis, information sharing, capturing and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned.
- Financing: Support to strengthen the nutrition financing arena in the country focusing on budget analysis, budgeting and costing of nutrition actions, budget tagging and tracking, resource mobilization, and efficient use of existing resources.