SUN Movement Global Gathering 2017
SUN Movement Global Gathering 2017January 9, 2022 - Last update: January 24, 2022
Nourishing a Sustainable Future
In 2017 – for the first time – the SUN Movement Global Gathering took place in a SUN Country – Côte d’Ivoire. Abidjan welcomed members of the SUN Movement and hosted proceedings to share their inspirational progress and encourage global collaboration in the fight against malnutrition.
The SUN Global Gathering brought together all SUN Government Focal Points and representatives of their partners from civil society, donors, United Nations agencies, private sector partners, academia, media, parliamentarians and others. It is the flagship event of the SUN Movement and an important moment where members take stock of progress and challenges, share their innovations and learn what is helping to reduce malnutrition across all SUN Countries. It is a moment for every actor to be energised and encouraged through sharing, learning and finding ways to take their fight against malnutrition to the next level.
The SUN Movement Global Gathering will take place from 7-9 November 2017 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. The event is by invitation only, however, plenary sessions will be webcast live for global audiences to take part and contribute to the dialogue via social media with #SUNGG17.
- What are the criteria and characteristics of “good” national nutrition plans? From theory to practice.
- How can SUN Countries integrate early childhood development approaches into nutrition policies, programmes and interventions?
Advancing Early Childhood Development: from Science to Scale
- How can the UN Decade of Action on Nutrition help to harmonise our efforts in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Translating policy into investment and implementation for improved nutrition: what are SUN Countries main lessons from parliamentary engagement?
- Sharing knowledge, methods, and experiences on implementation: How can SUN Countries better implement priority actions?
- How can small and medium enterprises be supported to help improve nutrition outcomes?
- How can food systems be transformed for improved nutrition and sustainability?
- How can nutrition champions help to boost the salience of nutrition?
- How can SUN Countries achieve results and impact through the alignment of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene policies with policies and plans for good nutrition?
- How can nutrition modeling tools be used most effectively to inform nutrition advocacy, programming and costing?
- What does scaling up nutrition look like in practice? Sharing Stories of Change and Improvement in Nutrition.
- How can different stakeholders in nutrition develop impact and trust by working together?
- SUN Business Network
- SUN Donor Network
- Inter-Network Sessions
- Parliamentary and Media Engagement Session
- How can the financial tracking process for nutrition be optimised to get best nutrition value for money?
- What are the roles of traditional and social media in breaking nutrition out of its echo chamber?
- Ensuring nutrition results for women and girls: what does it take to move from lip service to action?
- How can SUN Countries advance priorities in operationalising the nutrition data revolution?
- What can be done to improve and protect nutrition outcomes in fragile contexts?
- What is the role of bio fortification and staple food fortification in combatting hidden hunger?