Micronutrient Forum’s 6th Global Conference
Micronutrient Forum’s 6th Global ConferenceSeptember 26, 2023 - Last update: October 20, 2023
Тhe Micronutrient Forum’s 6th Global Conference (#MNF2023) will help shape and establish a compelling and evidence-based agenda on the interdependence of nutrition and resilience – offering opportunities to advance integrated research, new policy priorities and investments for micronutrient interventions, and to accelerate progress towards global nutrition and development goals.
Where and When
#MNF2023 is a hybrid conference that will be held in The Hague on 16 – 20 October 2023.
To learn more and register, please visit the official MNF2023 website here.
The world is facing multiple, complex and cascading challenges that are adversely impacting human well-being, including nutrition and micronutrient security. #MNF2023 will bring together diverse international and national delegates across sectors and disciplines to drive compelling and evidence-based agendas that promote nutrition and strengthen population resilience in the face of rising shocks including climate change and man-made conflicts.
The way forward
At the Micronutrient Forum’s 6th Global Conference, a group of experts from across research, academia, program, and policy institutions brought forward six opportunities for immediate, evidence-based action by the international community. These actions aim to generate the necessary momentum to fulfill the promises of the Sustainable Development Goals in safeguarding nutrition and health in the face of unprecedented crises.
Read the statement here.
Dr. Kiran Rupakhetee
Dr. Azucena M. Dayanghirang
Felipe da Costa
Dr. Sisay Sinamo Boltena
SUN speaking engagements
- Afshan Khan, SUN Movement Coordinator;
- Cindy Mc Cain, WFP Executive Director and SUN Movement Lead Group Member
- Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, GAIN and SUN Business Network Co-Chair
- Moderator: Abigail Perry, SUN Movement Executive Committee Member
- Dr. Azucena M. Dayanghirang, SUN Movement Executive Committee Member & SUN Focal Point Philippines
- Sisay Sinamo Boltena, SUN Focal Point, Ethiopia
- Connell Foley, SUN Executive Committee Co-Chair
- Caroline Wilkinson, SUN Executive Committee member
Speakers include SUN Movement Executive Committee Members:
- Augustin Flory
- Azucena M. Dayanghirang
- Kiran Rupakhetee, SUN Executive Committee member and Nepal SUN Focal Point
- Richmond Aryeetey, SUN Movement Executive Committee Alternate member
This is a interview session (online only) with the Head of the SUN Civil Society Network, Alexandra Newlands
- Azucena M. Dayanghirang, SUN Movement Executive Committee Member and Philippines SUN Focal Point
- Abigail Perry, WFP Director of Nutrition and SUN Movement Executive Committee Member
- Alexandra Newlands, Head of SUN Civil Society Network,
- Christine Campeau, CARE International and SUN Movement Executive Committee member,
- Kiran Rupakhetee, SUN Focal Point, Nepal and SUN Movement Executive Committee member,
- Abigail Perry, WFP Director of Nutrition and SUN Movement Executive Committee member
- Afshan Khan, SUN Movement Coordinator,
- Cherrie Atilano, Executive Director, AGREA and SUN Movement Lead Group Member,
- Pierre Cooke, Youth Leader and SUN Movement Lead Group Member
Follow #MNF2023 on X and our SUN Countries' Road to Resilience:
View the Conference’s official social media toolkit here