SUN Movement Coordinator
The SUN Movement Coordinator is a position appointed by the United Nations Secretary-General, to whom the position reports. The position is also accountable to the SUN Movement Lead Group and guided by the Executive Committee.
The Coordinator serves as an ex officio member of the SUN Movement Lead Group – the SUN Movement’s governance body – and as an ex officio member of the SUN Movement Executive Committee.
The position works closely with the SUN Executive Committee to:
- Ensure execution of the SUN Strategy at the global level.
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction as an ex officio member of the SUN Movement Lead Group and Executive Committee.
- Leveraging SUN Movement Lead Group assets.
- Leading and supporting fundraising for the SUN Movement Secretariat and SUN Networks, with Executive Committee support.
- During 2022, the SUN Movement Coordinator visited: Mali, Côte d’Ivoire, Dubai Expo (United Arab Emirates), CFS50 (Italy), Brussels, Sweden, Denmark, UNGA (USA), Rwanda, Climate COP27 (Egypt), Ethiopia, LAC Regional Gathering (Panama), Timor Leste, ICN (Japan),
- During 2021, the SUN Movement Coordinator was hampered in her ability to carry out her priority of country missions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite this, she visited: Malawi
- During 2020, the SUN Movement Coordinator has visited: Sierra Leone, Mauritania
- During 2019, the SUN Movement Coordinator visited: Ethiopia, Liberia, Côte d’Ivoire, Costa Rica, Peru, Mali, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Nepal, Honduras and El Salvador.
- During 2018, the SUN Movement Coordinator visited: Viet Nam, Zambia, The Gambia, Malawi, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Chad, Ethiopia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guinea and Niger.